As the bottom end of the engine is now nearly complete, i have started working on getting the head fitted up and ready to go. As the rebuilt 1.9 engine will be running twin weber alpha throttle bodies with full webcon injection its not turning out to be a straight forward job!! I have the throttle bodies all bolted on and the injectors in so its now just working out how to get the fuel lines, cold start valve and any other bits needed for the injection all fitted on.
And as the Manta A series engine has exhaust and inlet on the same side it seems that a lot of the standard bits for the injection will need a little modding 🙁 The inlets sit quite far apart so the linkage needs work as does the cold start tubing, so it might be a call to webcon to see if they can help out with the cold start part. Once i have figured it all out i can then fit the old cam and rockers back in ready to start up the engine at some point next year. The reason for this is that the new ENEM cam will need to be bedded in from new and you need to run it on about 2’000 revs for 15 – 20 mins to properly bed it in and im not sure how easily the engine will start, so to be safe its the old cam going in to start with.
Here is a little picture of how the engine will look when fitted.. nice 🙂